3rd ID Banner
Enlistment Application: Sorenson
  • Hello Guest
December 16, 2018, 06:25:56 PM

Author Topic: Enlistment Application: Sorenson  (Read 790 times)

November 30, 2017, 05:23:08 PM

sportybear

• View Profile
Full Name: Henrik Sorenson

In-Game Name: sportbear390

Steam Screen Name: sportybear

Steam Profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042589025

E-Mail Address: REHenrik@gmail.com

Time Zone: EST

Games you play: PS2(of course), Elite Dangerous, Europa Universalis 4, Starcraft (RM and II), Diablo, Battlerite, League of Legends, DotA 2, Player Unknown's Battlegreounds, Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Classic), XCOMEU and 2. There are many more games that I own and play occasionally but these are some that I have played a lot or am actively playing right now.

Reason for enlistment: I have played on and off for a few years (63 hours in game so I'm not that experienced) and am tired of the lack of coordination that occurs in regular play. I feel like either I am the only one trying to play objectives or I am not contributing to the progress that is made. I figured an outfit would be a good way to change that. Found yours when I googled "TR Outfits" and considering I mostly play Heavy Assault and MAX and never use vehicles I figured I'd join an infantry division.

Reason we should consider your enlistment: Because when I make a commitment I stick with it. I won't be attempting to dodge out of drill sessions and I'll be a fairly active player in the community. I'm not a total jerk so that's good a well.

Briefly describe how you found the 3rd ID: I googled "TR Outfits" and you were on the PS2Wiki.

Willing to wear 3rd ID tags at ALL times (in-game, on Steam, Discord and anywhere else the 3rd ID may request within reason)?: Yes

Have you read and understood "The Importance of Discord for Enlistees" thread?: Yes

Have you read and understood the "Recruit Tag Program (RTP)" thread?: Yes

We hold official drills every Wednesday and Sunday at 8:00pm EST. Will you make an attempt to attend as many of these drills as possible during your recruitment period and continue to do so upon acceptance into the unit: [Yes or No] Yes. If my family has a late dinner I will notify an NCO that I will be late(which happens but is rare). Otherwise there are little to no reasons not to attend Drills on a regular basis.

-- OPTIONAL SEGMENT --

Please tell us more about yourself. What are some other hobbies of yours outside of video games? Are you in school? Do you work? etc. Feel free to share as much or as little as you want:
I play French Horn in my school band and am soon to get a job. Gaming is really the only thing that I tend to do in my free time. I am really into tabletop games (Warhammer 40k, Magic, Star Wars Armada) and am just looking for a group to have fun with in PS2.
November 30, 2017, 10:42:22 PM
Reply #1

Sokolowski [3rd ID]

• Recruitment Corps
  • One of the Founders. FTW!
    • View Profile
Greetings Sorensen

I am PFC Sokolowski of the 3rd Infantry Division's Recruitment Corps. You can call me Ski. We corresponded earlier through e-mail. Private Hunstad, Corporal Jarreau, Sergeant Thrasher and I are responsible for the recruitment and retention of potential 3rd ID members. During the enlistment process your activity is paramount. We urge you to be active on Discord, the forums, and playing games with us as often as you're able, be it Planetside 2 or otherwise. This doesn't necessarily mean being on 24/7, we merely ask that you dedicate enough time to the unit to get to know the guys and allow us to get to know you more. At some point in the next few days one of the recruitment liaisons may pull you aside just to ask a few questions and get to know you a little better.

As a special aside, you are enlisting at a very good time. We are getting close to beginning our next basic training class, so the wait for that should be shorter than it is for many.

I also see you enjoy tabletop gaming. Myself and a few other members of the unit enjoy that as well. We even have a couple tabletop RPG groups(Pathfinder and D&D) running at the moment. Do you own Tabletop Simulator? It's a great way to play tons of tabletop games online with friends (And 3rd ID friends!)

I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
PFC Erik "Ski" Sokolowski
3rd Infantry Division, 15th Regiment, K Company, 1st Platoon, Alpha Squad
Recruitment Corps Liason.
December 01, 2017, 06:19:50 PM
Reply #2

sportybear

• View Profile
I do indeed own Tabletop Simulator and I do enjoy playing D&D. I must point out that in terms of Warhammer 40k that I have not started yet (I don't have any money to spare on it) I've just read on it and played the video games (bought a couple sets of minis however). I will try to be active on Discord, but as someone who doesn't do very well with meeting new people it might not be tonight that it happens unfortunately. I've just gotta work up the effort to log in and start chatting with new people.
December 01, 2017, 06:34:00 PM
Reply #3

Sokolowski [3rd ID]

• Recruitment Corps
  • One of the Founders. FTW!
    • View Profile
I totally understand the difficulty in meeting new people. come on whenever you are comfortable. We're really a great group of guys once you get to know us and the best way to do that is by hanging out on Discord with us. Don't feel too pressured to participate in everything, just take your time and get comfortable.
PFC Erik "Ski" Sokolowski
3rd Infantry Division, 15th Regiment, K Company, 1st Platoon, Alpha Squad
Recruitment Corps Liason.
December 01, 2017, 09:09:47 PM
Reply #4

Thrasher [3rd ID]

• Recruitment Corps
    • View Profile
Welcome Sorenson! As Ski pointed out, we totally understand your reservations. I think i speak for all of the 3rd when i say that we do not bite and are mostly introverts ourselves. That said, we do look forward to meeting you when you're ready!
Sergeant David (Kit) Thrasher
3rd Infantry Division, 15th Regiment, Kilo Company, 1st Platoon
Recruitment Corps NCOIC
Logistics Corps NCOIC
Bravo Squad ASL
May 13, 2018, 06:26:14 PM
Reply #5

Thrasher [3rd ID]

• Recruitment Corps
    • View Profile
Application voided due to inactivity.
Sergeant David (Kit) Thrasher